MFWBA Life Member Criteria
The board of the Manitoba Farm Writers’ and Broadcasters Association (MFWBA) is seeking Lifetime Member nominations. This designation recognizes long-standing MFWBA members who have shown leadership in and contributed significantly to farm communications, the agricultural industry and our organization.
Criteria for selection include number of years as an MFWBA member; leadership in the group (including committees and executive positions); contributions to agricultural journalism/communication; and contribution to the agriculture community, such as an active role in other organizations that strengthen the local ag community.
Any MFWBA member in good standing may put forward a nomination for Lifetime Member. The Lifetime Membership Committee will receive nominations throughout the year, and no later than 30 days in advance of the MFWBA annual meeting, for review and approval by the board; recipients will be recognized at the annual meeting.
Recipients will be presented with a plaque and acknowledgement of lifetime membership and will receive regular annual membership benefits free of charge for as long as the recipient remains a member of the MFWBA.
Please forward the following information to email@example.com. Nominations should include a brief history of the nominee’s accomplishments in agriculture communications, contributions to MFWBA, and community leadership.
- What executive positions did this person hold within MFWBA, CFWF, and IFAJ and for how long? (Max 500 words)
- What sort of contributions has this person offered to farm communications? (Max 500 words)
- How does this person support the agriculture community outside of farm communications and MFWBA? (Max 500 words)
- Nominee should be retired from full-time employment.
- Nominee must be a current member of MFWBA and has been a member for a minimum of fifteen years.
- Nominee must be nominated by a current MFWBA member in good standing.