Calling all travel bugs!
Apply for the 2020 MFWBA travel bursary to the the CFWF Conference in Ontario
To apply for the bursary:
- You must be a MFWBA member in good standing.
- Include a short rationale (up to 300 words) as to why you deserve the bursary, and what you may be able to contribute to MFWBA or to raising agricultural awareness as a result of your attendance. A judges panel will consider a range of factors in making its decision and will publicize the rationale for its decision.
- Criteria will include (in no particular order of importance):
- Financial, professional and/or educational need
- Past contribution to MFWBA/CFWF
- Potential for future contribution to MFWBA/CFWF
- Specific project plans, related to the conference, that contribute to the agricultural awareness goals of the MFWBA
- Role at the conference
- Other worthwhile factors identified in the application.
- Be prepared to submit a report on your conference attendance upon your return, to be presented at an MFWBA members’ meeting and posted online.
- Previous bursary winners must wait two years before applying for the award again.
Applications can be sent to Ashley Robinson at email@example.com. The deadline to apply for the CFWF bursary is Friday, May 29, 2020.
A selection panel will convene to select the bursary recipients.
MFWBA travel bursary available for CFWF 2020: Risky Business in Windsor, ON
MFWBA is pleased to offer a bursary of $1,500 to assist in covering costs of attending the Canadian Farm Writers and Broadcasters (CFWF) Conference 2020 in Windsor, ON to be held September 24-27, 2020. To learn more, visit: https://ecfwa.ca/2020-cfwf-conference
Application deadline: May 29
Congratulations to Sandy Ellis, MFWBA’s IFAJ 2019 conference bursary recipient
As part of the Manitoba Farm Writers and Broadcasters Association’s commitment to member professional development, we are pleased to offer a bursary of $2,000 to assist in covering costs of attending the International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) Congress 2019 in Minnesota to be held July 26-31, 2019.