Attend IFAJ 2018 with a MFWBA conference bursary
As part of the Manitoba Farm Writers and Broadcasters Association commitment to member professional development, we are pleased to offer a bursary of $1,500 to assist in covering costs of attending the International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) Congress 2018 in the Netherlands to be held July 11-15, 2018.
- You must be a MFWBA member in good standing.
- Include a short rationale (up to 300 words) as to why you deserve the bursary, and what you may be able to contribute to MFWBA or to raising agricultural awareness as a result of your attendance. The panel will consider a range of factors in making its decision and will publicize the rationale for its decision. Criteria will include (in no particular order of importance):
- Financial, professional and/or educational need
- Past contribution to MFWBA/CFWF
- Potential for future contribution to MFWBA/CFWF
- Specific project plans, related to the conference, that contribute to the agricultural awareness goals of the MFWBA
- Role at the conference
- Other worthwhile factors identified in the application.
- Be prepared to submit a report on your conference attendance upon your return, to be presented at an MFWBA members’ meeting and posted online.
- Previous bursary winners must wait two years before applying for the award again.
Applications can be sent to Kelly Green at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply for the MFWBA bursary is Friday, April 27, 2018. A selection panel will be convened to select the bursary recipient.
IFAJ 2018 registration is now open – to learn more, visit http://ifaj.org/events/annual-congress/
MFWBA’s IFAJ 2017 bursary awarded
Congratulations to Gail Granger, our 2017 IFAJ bursary winner.
The International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) Congress was held in South Africa, April 2-8. As
part of the MFWBA’s commitment to member professional development, we were pleased to offer a bursary to Gail to attend and experience international agriculture.